Tuesday, 28 February 2017

QUESTION 4&5- Who would be the audience for your media product? / How did you attract/address your audience?

Question 4-
We chose to make our film of 15+ rating for a mixed gender audience. 15-24 year olds make up the largest proportion of UK cinema audience at 31%, according to BFI Statistical Yearbook 2014. 
This means that this age demographic, stereotypically, will have more free time and therefore will have time to go to the cinema. We decided to make our film a 15+ as statistically the horror genre has more mature themes(i.e.strong violencefrequent strong language (e.g. ‘f***’),  portrayals of sexual activity, strong verbal references to sexsexual nudity, brief scenes of sexual violence or verbal references to sexual violencediscriminatory language or behaviour, drug taking), hence our film will be better suited to an audience of at least 15 years old. 



To back-up my thoughts towards making our film a 15+, I decided to ask my focus group a small questionnaire: 

"After watching this film opening, how would you rate this as an entire film?" 



Question 5-
We made a questionnaire asking a number of questions about the types of horror movie conventions that people look for, and then we asked them to watch our film opening and to give their opinions.

Before watching:

"What do you look for in a horror film" 
Amy- 
"I think a good suspense being built through things like music, etc," 

Rebecca-  
"I look for things that occur throughout the film, like a signifier for things about to go wrong" 

Fran- 
"I like having jump scares" 

Isabella- 
"I look for a complicated plot lines that take a bit of thinking to follow and understand" 

After watching:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Production

Masked By Nav Saundh and Sophie Lapidge A 2minute and 2 second horror film opening starring Francesca Aghoghovbia.  Directed,...